Website Tin Mountain Conservation Center
Overview: Tin Mountain’s Summer Camps use a combination of Science, Adventure, and Fun to support the organization’s mission. Each day combines lessons within the environmental sciences with hikes, exploration, and silly games. Summer Day Camp Instructors are responsible for the daily functions of one of the day camps in Albany, Jackson, Tamworth, or Fryeburg. Day camps are for children ages 4 to 12 years old. Hours run from approximately 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (8:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m. program time), Monday through Friday, plus one evening campfire during some sessions. Camps run Monday-Friday, July 5-August 13 (employment for individual weeks may be available).
Specific Duties Include:
· Participate in staff training in June.
· With a co-instructor and high school-aged Jr. Counselor, supervise up to 13 campers each day.
· Plan, prepare, and lead age appropriate lessons, games, and crafts.
· Lead hikes and exploration over uneven terrain.
· Set the tone of camp. Be a role model for campers, Jr. Counselors, and your co-counselor/instructor.
· Set up the facility at the beginning of camp.
· Clean up the facility at the end of each day and week of camp.
· Contact parents with a letter the first day of camp concerning logistics, etc.
· Maintain medical records and complete incident reports when necessary.
· With guidance of the Education Director, make initial parent contacts in the event of an emergency or behavior problem at camp.
· Environmental education or teaching experience preferred
· Summer camp experience preferred
· Current CPR and First Aid Certification
· (Water Safety certification a plus)
Reports to: Education Director
Pay dependent on experience
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Phaedra Demers at email@example.com
Expiration Date: June 1, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org