Growing Creative Problem Solvers!
Mike Carmon (Director of Programs) at: email@example.com
Apply ASAP; candidate to start by November 2023 (earlier if desired)
Location of Programs
New Hampshire & Vermont
WMSI’s offices in Littleton, NH
About White Mountain Science, Inc.
White Mountain Science, Inc. (WMSI – pronounced ‘whimsy’), develops and delivers highly engaging STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) programs with the goal of teaching creative problem solving to students and teachers.
A STEM Program Instructor facilitates educational STEM programs for students 3-5 days per week in northern New Hampshire and Vermont locations. This position involves an active role in lesson prep and traveling to multiple locations within 1.5 hours of base in Littleton to facilitate camps and programs. Additionally, an instructor is involved in coordinating with on-site teachers, and training middle and high school students as assistant instructors. This position also includes office hours spent organizing teaching materials, helping in the evaluation of project-based lessons, and creating documentation for future instructors. There are growth opportunities in this position, including additional responsibilities over time, which could include support with teacher professional development programs.
Duties Will Include:
- Facilitation of off-site, on-site, and (occasionally) virtual STEM-based youth programs for (primarily) elementary and middle school students, 3-5 days per week
- Facilitation of camps during school vacation weeks and summer. Camps take place both on-site in Littleton and at off-site locations
- Training and mentorship of high school youth instructors
- Organization & maintenance of program-related resources & equipment
- Regular communications with teachers at partner schools
- Assistance in evaluation of all programs
- Preparation of lesson curriculum
- Occasional support of teacher professional development programs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- At least 1-3 years experience working with youth – essential
- Completion of post-secondary degree or equivalent experience – preferred
- Prior experience and/or interest in science, technology, engineering, and math – a plus
- Ability to support and empower students in the creative problem-solving process – essential
- Ability to set a positive environment within a room independently – essential
- Must be motivated and self-directed
- Strong communication and organization skills
- A flexible team player who is willing to learn from mistakes and adapt
- Motivated to improve as an instructor and facilitate new material
- Comfortable driving safely in variable weather conditions
- Must be able to occasionally utilize your personal vehicle for reliable transportation to/from school programs
- Ideal start date in early November 2023 or sooner
- Full-time position (40 hours per week)
- Many programs take place off-site during the after-school timeframe
- Occasional evening and/or weekend programs possible
- Starting salary range $38,000 – $45,000
- Additional benefits package, including: paid holidays and vacations, paid sick time, medical insurance, and retirement benefits (potentially subject to initial waiting periods)
- Annual Local Benefits Stipend
- Annual Professional Development stipend
- In-house opportunities for Professional Development, including: training with 3D printers, LASER cutters, robotics, and much more!
- Outdoor pro deals
- Collaborative and engaging work environment
Physical Exertion Environmental Conditions
Required to sit for extended periods of time, stand frequently, use fine motor skills to operate equipment, and lift and/or move 40 pounds or less.
WMSI encourages applications from individuals of all gender identities, ethnicities, nationalities, backgrounds and ages.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to Mike Carmon at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Final candidates subject to a criminal background check.
Expiration Date: December 31, 2023
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com