This is a part-time position staff position.
The RC will work between 24 – 28 hours per week, with additional seasonal help available on an as-needed basis. This position requires weekend hours.
This position reports directly to the ED.
The Retail Coordinator (RC) works in close collaboration with the ED and other WREN team members, as well as seasonal staff, contractors, and volunteers, to accomplish position goals.
Duties outlined below.
STORE (RETAIL LOCATION)
WREN’s RC is crucial to the successful daily operations of Local Works Marketplace & the Gallery at WREN. The store and gallery are curated, established outposts for art enthusiasts, and maintaining a streamlined, professional, friendly image is of the utmost importance.
· Serve as a dynamic representative for WREN and its members, including interacting with customers in an engaging, professional demeanor and providing information on the organization and Retail Vendors as requested
· Cash handling, including: operating a register, processing payments, performing daily reconciliation, and maintaining change fund
· Manage seasonal help, including training, advising and communicating needs to WREN’s Executive Director
· Regularly rotate/update store displays*
· Create store signage in Canva and Avery Labels according to WREN’s graphic design templates
· Maintain an upscale sales space, including daily cleaning/tidying and remaining attentive to customer behavior and needs
· Inventory management, including entering and removing items from Simple Consign, conducting audits, and maintaining organized backstock**
· Report sales statistics to ED as requested and create reports for WREN’s Board of Directors
· Assist in special events, including word of mouth advertising, event set up & breakdown, and additional duties as required
*This position requires use of a ladder (up to 9” tall) and the ability to carry items 25 lbs.+ up and down stairs, as well as across the sales floor.
**Experience with Simple Consign or other consignment software platform highly preferred.
The RC will manage and maintain all aspects of WREN’s online sales portal.*
· Inventory management across multiple platforms
· Customer relations
· Photographing and uploading merchandise to the online store as needed
*Experience with WooCommerce or other online sales programs highly preferred.
MEMBER RELATIONS (RETAIL VENDORS)
WREN is a 501c3 nonprofit with several membership tiers, including the Retail Vendor tier (which allows artists to sell in Local Works Marketplace and WREN’s online store). The RC will be the main point of contact for all Retail Vendor members.
· Schedule and conduct inventory drop off/pick up appointments with vendors
· Maintain inventory levels for each artist
· Compose monthly vendor emails related to store and gallery updates/requests/opportunities/special events
· Communicate customer feedback
· Advise on product performance, pricing, appearance, etc.
· Work in close collaboration with Retail Vendor members who are also CDBG grant recipients to ensure they are reaching their goals within the grant boundaries (such as increasing sales, accessing new markets/customer base, improving product, securing appropriate pricing, etc.)
· Monitor membership status for all Retail Vendor members
· Coordinate closely with team members regarding membership renewal requirements and CDBG grant recipient progress
GALLERY AT WREN
The RC will assist the ED in Gallery show coordination. WREN’s exhibits are bi-monthly, totaling 6 shows a year, and typically feature 2+ artists. This component of the RC position requires rigorous schedule adherence.
· Create Excel spreadsheets for sales staff use during bimonthly Gallery exhibits
· Process and safeguard incoming inventory
· Assemble document packets for artist review and signature
· Maintain comprehensive reference folders in Google Suite Shared Drive
· Serve as liaison with Adair Inn as part of “Arts at Adair” program
· Assist in coordinating volunteer schedules for Gallery hanging/opening/etc.
Programs & Platforms and Other Potential Duties
WREN SOFTWARE PROGRAMS
· Wild Apricot
· Simple Consign
· Woo Commerce
· Constant Contact
· Canva (required, training available)
· Adobe – InDesign (desired)
· Microsoft Office Suite
· Google Suite
Expiration Date: August 21, 2021
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com